A superzoom can be a fantastic way to cover all your bases without having to carry around an entire bag of lenses with you. If you are looking for such a convenient lens for your own work, check out this great review of the Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost Photography, this fantastic video review takes a look at the Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS lens. The thing to remember with superzoom lenses is that you will never approach the kind of performance you would see in a top-level professional zoom or prime lens, but with a good superzoom, you can still get decent images, and the convenience is simply unmatched, especially for things like traveling. Sony’s version comes with a variety of features, including:
- One extra-low dispersion element for reduced aberrations
- Five aspherical elements for reduced distortions and increased sharpness
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Linear autofocus motor with quiet performance for both video and stills work
- Dust- and moisture-sealing
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 offers good image quality in an extremely versatile package. Check out the video above for Frost’s full thoughts.